SowiesoWies

6/10/2016

"In the Netherlands it rains a lot. A lot. And I love it, whenever I see, hear of feel rain 
it makes me feel so at home, wherever I am."

Mislim, da je bilo med eno dolgo vožnjo, ko sem odkril njen instagram. Koma, takoj! Takoj sem ji pisal in jo vprašal kako ji gre? Od kje ji ideje? Kako kaj velika mačka, z btw najlepšim imenom - Bommel in če barvice še delajo, pa kariera ... Wies namreč obvlada litografijo, ki jo kombinira z barvicami ter tako ustvarja risbe, ilustracije in skice v katere se zaljubiš.

Mal po eng-leško bo šlo tole:

About Wies ...
I’m from the Netherlands. I used to live near Amsterdam growing up, then moved all the way up north to study art in Groningen and moved all the way back down to live in hearty Den Bosch with my boyfriend Joost and our cat Bommel. Here is where we’ve been living the last two years after I graduated from art school and have been working as a freelance illustrator. 

About beginings ...
After I graduated from high-school there was this moment where I really didn’t know what I was going to do. I heard a lot of friends around me planning on studying law, psychology etc. And I remember only knowing that that wasn’t enough for me. I’ve always had a huge passion for creating, drawing and painting and noticed that I wasn’t that bad either. So I took a gap year as it is called. I worked that summer and went of to Italy, Florence and spent 9 months learning the language, studying art and followed all sorts of painting classes. And it was there and then I knew it was no longer a hobby and wanted to pursuit going to the art academy.


About Wies's day ...
My routine isn’t strict, at all. I chose the right profession, choosing my own hours. I am not a morning person, but I always make sure I sit behind me desk ready at 9.30, 9.45 max. I take one break and take my laptop with me to my local coffee place, get a coffee, for free, because I draw their sign outside of the door each week. There I write e-mails (this interview) and do most of my paperwork. Than I go back and work until dinner. Often I go back after dinner and work for some time and then go to bed. Sometimes I even work until deep in the night, the silence and knowing everyone around me is asleep makes me focussed and serene. (All of my illustrating I do, I do with Bones, the Mentalist or any other ‘whodunnit’ tv-series on the background.)

About inspiration, idols, blogs ...
I try not to let myself look too much at other illustrators, since I’m very impressionable and try to stay true to myself and my own style. I do admire the work of Icinori and Nicolas Stevenson. Quite opposite the two, but the way they tell stories inspires me. 
I look a lot at Angela Dallinger’s website from time to time and the artist I mentioned earlier. Dalingers work is amazing, the stories she tells with her work is great. On a daily basis I love to visit all sorts of cooking and food blogs. Since its my second greatest passion.

About Wies's style ...
My work is very vibrant, clear and fresh. The subjects often are about people, animals (dogs), a lot about food. But I also illustrate the big and scary things in life. My graduation project was about Anders Behring Breivik (the Utoya attacks in 22-07-11). I’m quite capable of telling big stories and breaking them into manageable pieces. But my passion lies more with the mundane subjects. I think this also describes me and the way I dress, eat and live. 


Favourite season ...
My favorite season by far is autumn. Because of the rain. In the Netherlands it rains a lot. A lot. And I love it, whenever I see, hear of feel rain it makes me feel so at home, wherever I am. And this combined with autumn and some heavy winds...Im truly happy!

About Wies's favourite object ...
My favorite object is my big blue ceramic pot on my desk. It’s made by my late grandfather and it holds my favorite pens, pencils, brushes etc.

Bucketlist wishes ...
My major wish on my bucket list is to write and illustrate a children’s book with my father. He’s brilliant with rhyme and telling stories. That would truly be a dream. And I would love to write and illustrate my own cookbook.


About plans and future ...
I have truly no idea … but I hope and suspect that I’ve maybe published multiple cookbooks and childrensbooks. Have a few children walking around myself and living with my family, cat and black dog in a big house. They say you should visualize what you want, so there it is.

Life advice ...
If I would have advice it would be; find out what you are passionate about and just dive in. You never truly work if you do what you love (you also never have a day off).
-her favourite song
-
Hvala Wies!/Thank you Wies!

PREBERI TUDI TO

0 komentarji

Vse pravice so pridržane!. Zagotavlja Blogger.